- The selection committee consists of members and Sports specialists.. The convenor of the Selection committee shall be a senior retired sportsperson who should have represented
India either at the Olympics or the World cup.
- The members of the selection committee shall have had Sports management experience in team sports like Cricket, Football, Kabaddi, Chess, and other Indigenous Sports.
- Names and identity of the selection committee members shall not be published to ensure a more fair and transparent process of team finalization.
- Each sport will have a different composition of members in the selection committee while the chief convenor remains the same.
- The mandatory criteria for selection of players shall be laid down by the Executive committee and the Executive committee shall have no further role in the selection of players
for the events to be conducted by HIPSA.